Consuming fruits on a daily basis can prove beneficial for your overall health. Following a diet high in fruits can help you prevent from developing various problems like cancer, heart diseases and diabetes. If you are following a fruit diet, these are some of the points to keep in mind.
Choose organic fruits: Organic fruits are rich in antioxidants. According to a study, organic fruits contain 20 to 40 percent more antioxidants than conventionally grown fruits.
Colourful fruits provide more health benefits: The deeper colour of the fruits indicates that it has a high level of phytonutrients which contribute towards the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of the fruit.
Now, let us look at some of the healthiest fruits that you should be including in your diet for a good health.
1) Lemons: According to a study, lemons and other citrus fruits have anti-cancer and anti-bacterial properties and contains components called phytochemicals that are extremely beneficial for one’s health. You can include lemon in your diet by squeezing it on a salad or using the juice of the lemon in warm water especially during morning time when you get up.
2) Red Grapes: This sweet fruit is extremely beneficial for your health. Consuming this healthy fruit in controlled quantity can help you stay away from cancer and heart diseases. A compound called Resveratrol acts as antioxidants and protects your body against damage caused by radical cells.
3) Pomegranate: As per studies, this nutritious safe to eat fruit can help protect against cancer, lower blood pressure, improve cognitive functions and cholesterol levels. However, pomegranates should be consumed in limited quantities because it contains high sugar content.
4) Apples: are extremely healthy and are loaded with high-fibre content. Consuming these nutritious and healthy fruit could boost heart health and aids in weight loss. According to many studies, there is a link between consuming apples regularly and a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. It is always recommended to eat apple with skin to get most of the health benefits.
5) Pineapple: This tropical and exotic fruit can help reduce inflammation and promote healthy tissue growth. This healthy fruit contain manganese, which helps to build strong bones and tissue.
6) Bananas: This healthy fruit is high in potassium makes it a good source of energy for your body. The fibre content in banana also helps with regular bowel movement and stomach issues like colitis and ulcers.
7) Avocado: It is a healthy fruit that contains monounsaturated fat which helps lower cholesterol levels. According to studies, this wonder fruit have proven to help maintain healthy cholesterol levels with healthful fats that could help in preventing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
8) Mangoes: This juicy and healthy fruit are an excellent source of vitamin C and are rich in fibre, which can provide many health benefits. According to various studies, mangoes have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory components that helps to reduce the risk of various diseases.
These are some of the healthiest fruits that you should be consuming regularly to achieve a great health. For pesticide-free and safe to eat fruits and vegetables, shop with Farmers Fresh Zone and stay healthy during the lockdown.