Getting constipation can make you feel distressed and irritated and restrict you from doing your daily chores. Constipation occurs when a person finds it difficult to empty the large bowel. So, if you are dealing with tummy troubles regularly, no need to worry as there are several ways to get relief from constipation.
Now let us look at some of the foods which might give relief to constipation and keep you on the go.
1) Broccoli: This powerhouse vegetable is ideal for relieving constipation. This vegetable promotes digestion and protects your health. The components present in the vegetable prevent the overgrowth of intestinal microorganism thus promoting better bowel movements.
2) Sweet Potato: Adding this nutritious and healthy vegetable to your diet helps in preventing constipation as it contains nutrients like water, fibre, magnesium and vitamin B6 which relieve tummy problems. It improves your bowel movements and keeps your entire body healthy.
3) Spinach: This healthy leafy vegetable is loaded with both fibre and magnesium and helps to flush toxins out of your body which gives relief from constipation. Baby spinach or other leafy vegetables can be added to salads or sandwiches to give you that extra boost.
4) Green beans: This magical and nutritious vegetable helps with bowel movements and promotes better digestion. It contains fiber which helps to fight constipation and soothe your intestines. Eating fibre-rich vegetables bulk up the weight and size of your stool thus making it easier to pass.
Also Read: Superfoods to Relieve Gas
5) Okra(Ladyfinger): This nutritious vegetable strengthens your digestive system thus making them an important addition to your diet. It is loaded with fibre and water which gives relief from constipation and keeps your tummy and the entire body healthy.
6) Cucumber: This crunchy vegetable soothes your intestine and promotes bowel movements. The high water content present in the vegetable makes it one of the best vegetables in curing constipation. So why the wait? Include this highly nutritious vegetable now and see the difference.
7) Banana: This highly beneficial fruit is effective in treating stomach related problems and is an effective solution to cure constipation. It is also rich in potassium and electrolytes which helps in good digestion and a healthy gut. Next time eat a whole banana to get some relief from constipation.
8) Orange: This juicy and nutritious fruit is loaded with nutrients like Vitamin C and fibre which helps in softening the stool and keeps your digestive system in healthy condition. You can add this wonder fruit in your salads or eat them as it is to get quick relief from constipation.
There are many fibre-rich foods that can help relieve constipation. However, some fibre-rich foods may not be effective for some in getting relief from constipation and can make it worse. So, it is important to consult your dietitian or doctor before making any changes to your diet.
For pesticide-free and healthy fruits and vegetables, shop from Farmers Fresh Zone and experience the goodness and freshness in each bite.