Consuming excess of fried, greasy and heavy food often leads to indigestion. Yes, you read it right! The problem occurs when the food isn’t digested and can cause gallbladder disease which could prove harmful for your health. Indigestion can also lead to bloating, gas, burning pain in the stomach and chest.
In order to ease these symptoms, one must consume foods that will be easy on the stomach and thus aids in proper digestion. Read on know which foods would help in improving your digestion.
1) Leafy Veggies: Leafy vegetables like spinach and kale are very nutritious and healthy and are excellent sources of fiber and other components like Vitamin C, K and A. According to the study, leafy vegetables are full of minerals which help to improve blood lipids which boost your gut’s production of healthy bacteria. Add leafy vegetables to your diet to prevent indigestion and stomach-ache.
2) Banana: Bananas are considered as one of the ideal fruits which provide relief to your digestive system. It is loaded with beneficial nutrients like magnesium and potassium that fight against inflammation. The popular and yummy organic fruit also helps to reduce stomach bloating and helps in releasing excess weight from the body. So, keep this wonder vegetable handy when at home or even in the office.
3) Apple: There is a saying that an apple a day keeps a (gut) doctor way. Yes, it is absolutely true as the fruit boosts good gut bacteria. Organic apples are high in fiber which aids in proper digestion. You can either eat them raw or slice some on your cereal. Apart from being healthy, it helps your gut from chest and stomach burn.
Also Read: Kidney-friendly veggies
4) Mango: A popular summer fruit, mangoes help to keep the good bacteria alive in your digestive system. It is believed that adding mangoes to your diet improves your gut health and also helps in reducing body fat and controlling blood sugar. It also contains other beneficial nutrients that are good for your overall health.
5) Orange: This healthy organic fruit contains less fructose making them easier on your gut system and less likely to cause gas. They are rich in Vitamin C nutrient which stimulates the growth of good bacteria in the gut. So, make sure you keep an orange with you handy since you may never know when may need it.
6) Coconut oil: This wonder fruit consists of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that are helpful in killing off harmful bacteria that help in restoring your stomach’s acidity level and gives you relief from indigestion, chest and stomach burn.
7) Drink plenty of water: It is important to consume plenty of fluids especially water as it encourages digesting food easier. It contains fiber that stimulates the growth of good bacteria and without fluids in your body can lead to constipation. It is believed that a glass of water every meal helps in digesting your food faster.
8) Papaya: It contains a digestive enzyme called papain which helps in the food digestion process by breaking down protein fibers. It lowers the causes of irritable bowel system like bloating, gas and constipation. Consume a bowl of organic papaya regularly to avoid these symptoms.
These were foods that are good for your gut. Now, let’s check some food to avoid improving digestion.
- Alcohol and caffeine: Both can be harmful to your intestines, which may leave you with diarrhea.
- Sweetened fruit drink: Drink that is high in fructose may be difficult to digest and may cause gas.
- Red meat and fried foods: Fatty and fried foods sit in the stomach longer and thus cause improper digestion, thus leading to gastric problems and heartburn.
- Sodas: Carbonated beverages can fill your stomach with gas.
So, these were some of the foods to consume and avoid for a healthy digestive system. Be sure to consult your doctor if consuming these gut-friendly foods doesn’t make your digestive system better. Consume pesticide-free fresh fruits and vegetables from Farmers Fresh Zone and experience freshness in each bite.
To experience a hassle-free shopping, avail our subscription https://farmersfz.app.link. We believe it is never too late to start fresh and healthy.