Inflammation can cause an adverse effect on your overall immune system. Inflammation can be of two types – acute and chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation means a cut in the skin or a sore throat. Chronic inflammation is long-term which includes sickness like asthma, arthritis and other serious diseases that take many years to get cured.
Now, let us look at some of the healthy foods which would help you fight inflammation.
1) Cruciferous vegetables: Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower Brussel sprouts and kale are extremely nutritious and it is believed that consuming them reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. These cruciferous vegetables also have a higher concentration of nutrients like calcium, iron and disease-fighting components that helps to combat inflammation.
2) Carrots: This crunchy and nutritious organic vegetable contains beta-carotene which is essential for your health. Carrots also contain lutein which reduces the risk of cancer by preventing damage to the healthy cells in your body. Since carrots are low in calories and a good source of fiber, it helps you to lose weight- because obesity can lead to cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
3) Oranges: These are an excellent source of Vitamin C and potassium and they also contain fiber, calcium, and folate. Consuming organic oranges or orange juice is an excellent addition to an anti-inflammation diet as it helps to keep your heart healthy and the presence of Vitamin C is essential for the functioning of the immune system. It makes a great afternoon snack and be included in salads.
4) Spinach: This leafy organic vegetable is regarded as one of the best anti-inflammatory foods. It contains lutein and beta-carotene. It is also loaded with other healthy nutrients like iron, Vitamin K and folate and is very low in calories, ideal for those who are looking to lose weight. According to a study, people who consume green leafy vegetables have a decreased risk of macular degeneration.
Also Read: Superfoods for Healthy Lungs
5) Sweet Potatoes: They are rich in vitamins and minerals and are extremely high in Vitamin A and beta-carotene. They are also an excellent source of Vitamin C, K and B, and potassium. They have plenty of fibre and are low in calories and make a delicious addition to any diet.
6) Bell Peppers: These are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants that exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. It contains antioxidant quercetin which may lower oxidative stress and inflammation in people with sarcoidosis, an inflammatory disease.
7) Tomatoes: These juicy vegetables are rich in lycopene, which is known to contain anti-inflammatory properties. It helps lower inflammation by decreasing inflammatory cytokines in overweight and obese people.
8) Turmeric and Ginger: These wonder spices have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that are used to treat inflammatory-related sickness like arthritis, diabetes and other diseases. Studies show that ginger and turmeric decreases the inflammatory marker in people with metabolic syndrome.
These are some of the superfoods that help to fight inflammation. Adding these healthy foods may help improve your overall health. A diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods also helps to prevent a certain health condition from occurring as you grow older. For pesticide-free fruits and vegetables, shop from Farmers Fresh Zone and experience goodness in each bite and hassle-free shopping.