Mango also known as the King of fruits is loved by everyone and a prime attraction of the summer season. We cannot deny that this wholesome fruit is a great saviour when it comes to preparing desserts and drinks. Mango, which is a tropical fruit is low in calorie and high in fibre.
It contains folate, beta keratin, iron, vitamins A and C along with small amounts of calcium, zinc, and vitamin E. Mangoes have a number of health benefits. It is good for digestion, boosts the immune system, aids in weight loss. Let us look at some of the health benefits of mango and why should you be consuming mangoes in the Summer season.
1) Good for digestion: It is advisable to eat this juicy fruit after a meal. This is because mangoes contain fibre that helps to break down the food in our digestive system. Dietary fibre helps to lower the risk of any heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
2) Good for eye health: Mango is rich in beta-carotene, which helps to produce Vitamin A. This antioxidant improves vision, boosts overall eye health, and prevents age-related macular degeneration and loss of vision at old age.
3) Helps in weight loss: Mangoes, if consumed in a limit, can help you to lose and control your weight. The components in the mango skin act as natural fat busters. The flesh of the mango is packed with dietary fibre, which also promotes weight loss.
4) Promotes healthy skin: Mangoes are highly rich in Vitamins C and A and both of the vitamins are good for the skin. The components found in this healthy and nutritious fruit helps to remove all the dead cells from the skin. The fibre content in mango can also cleanse your gut to wash off the toxic substances. In your body.
5) Improve eye health: According to experts, one cup of sliced mango provides the needed daily value of vitamin A in the human body, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes. Mangoes also prevent night blindness and dry eyes.
6) Boosts immune system: Another important role the humble mango plays on the human body is that it boosts the immune system. The fruit has generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A that help keep the immune system healthy and strong.
7) Help fight heat stroke: The juice from green mango with a mix of water and sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating. So, the next time you venture out in the heat, have a glass of green mango juice, and get yourself hydrated.
8) Helps in diabetes: Mango is a healthy fruit when consumed in moderate quantities will not suddenly elevate your sugar levels but will keep it under control. Consumption of mango seed extract is beneficial for people with diabetes and those who are at risk of developing the disease.
9) Promote heart health: According to a study published in the journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, mango has the ability to lower bad cholesterol levels and the ability to stabilize all cholesterol levels. This is due to the presence of high polyphenol antioxidant activity in mangoes.
These are some of the healthy reasons why you should be eating mangoes. Summers are here and so are the mangoes. So why the wait, let the digging begin and refresh your health. For pesticide-free and safe to eat fruits and vegetables, shop with Farmers Fresh Zone, and stay healthy during the lockdown.