Think twice before discarding those lemon peels away as this wonder vegetable has numerous health benefits which we are unaware of and pretty much ignored. It has numerous health benefits just like the rest of the fruits and vegetables. Studies have determined that lemon peels have remarkable antioxidant property. Now let’s look at some of the health benefits of lemon peel listed below:
1) Promotes Heart Health: Lemon peel contains Vitamin C and pectin, a type of soluble fibre that may reduce the risk of heart disease. Pectin helps in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol by increasing the excretion of bile acids, which are produced by the liver and inhibit cholesterol absorption.
2) Aids in Weight Loss: Lemon peels contain pectin which is known to slow down the accumulation of fat in the body and promote weight loss.
3) Improves Bone Health: Lemon peel contains significant amount of vitamin C, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. All these nutrients aid in preventing rheumatoid arthritis and other related bone conditions.
4) Fights Cancer: Lemon peel exhibits cancer-fighting properties due to the presence of Vitamin C in it. It lowers the risk of several types of cancer and Vitamin C may help increase the production of white blood cells, which helps in eliminating mutated cancer cells.
5) Boosts Immune System: Lemon peel helps in strengthening ones immunity due to the presence of Vitamin C and flavonoid. If you feel sick, add lemon peel zest into your foods or tea to give that extra boost of energy to your body.
6) Supports Oral Health: Lemon peel contain antibacterial properties that have the ability to inhibit microorganism growth. Lemon peels have certain properties that can fight oral diseases caused by bacteria like Streptococcus mutans.
How to add lemon peel in your diet
· Add lemon zest to baked food and salads
· Grate the lemon peel and sprinkle it on soups, dressing and marinades
· Add lemon zest to hot tea or your favourite cocktail
So, these are some of the health benefits of lemon peels listed above. For fresh and safe to eat fruits and vegetables, visit Farmers Fresh Zone, your online store for locally sourced vegetables
Click on the link https://farmersfz.app.link to know more.