Root vegetables are extremely healthy and must be consumed every day as it has numerous properties that are beneficial for your health. They can be cooked and enjoyed in various ways and one of the best ways to consume them is when it is boiled. This article provides a list of healthy root vegetables and why it is beneficial to include them in your everyday diet.
1) Beetroot: Beets are highly nutritious for your health. They contain a considerable amount of iron that promotes blood cells. It also contains properties that are rich in betalains, which helps in cleansing the body. Beets are an important staple food that is high in carbohydrates, potassium, Vitamin A and dietary fiber. Studies also show that consuming beets every day may improve your exercise performance and increase blood flow to your brain.
2) Carrot: This wholesome root veggie is loaded with Vitamin A and K. These are popular vegetables that help to lower cholesterol. The presence of antioxidants offers protection against age-related macular degeneration which is a primary cause of vision loss.
3) Radish: These are vegetables that are gassy in nature. Consuming too much of them makes your stomach bloat. Apart from this negative aspect, this root veggie is loaded with Vitamin C, which helps in preventing urinary infections and also in lowering cholesterols.
Also read: Foods that Boost Brain Memory
4) Sweet Potato: These root vegetables are loaded with Vitamin C, B6 and E. They are also rich in fibre that helps keep the tummy full. This healthy root veggie should be consumed boiled regularly to gain all the health benefits. Due to the presence of Vitamin A content, it is believed that it may improve immune function, protect against vision loss and brightens skin health.
5) Ginger: Regarded as the healthiest among all the root vegetables, ginger should be included in your diet daily. It is a medicinal root that helps fight cancer, diabetes, reduces inflammation, reduces blood pressure and helps to increase blood cells. The wonder roots are ideal for pregnant women who are effective in reducing nausea and morning sickness. It also enhances flavour when added to tea, soups, stews and many more to name.
6) Garlic: This root vegetable is a powerhouse of important nutrients like Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and manganese. Garlic is great for digestion and helps in lowering blood pressure. It is good for controlling cholesterols and thus great for heart health. Consuming garlic in your diet daily helps in boosting immunity.
7) Turmeric: Regarded as one of the healthiest root vegetables, this wonder food has numerous health benefits like preventing blood clot formation, lowering cholesterol and reducing inflammation. By including raw material in your diet, it can help in alleviating joint pain, reduce symptoms of depression and stabilize blood sugar levels. Turmeric is widely available as a spice and can be added to both savoury and sweet dishes.
8) Potato: This wonder root veggie has a variety of health benefits to offer. Many are unaware of the fact that potatoes are rich in Vitamin C, fibre, potassium and Vitamin B6. Potatoes are always known for their weight gain, but that is mostly in case of eating them fried or processed potato products. Eating them boiled will help you to lose weight as it can keep you full for a long time.
9) Onion: Regarded as one of the most popular vegetables under the root category, it is a staple ingredient used in many delicacies. This root veggie is rich in Vitamin C and fibre. Consuming onions everyday helps in regulating blood sugar levels. This root vegetable also consists of anticancer properties that may reduce the risk of cancer. It can be easily added to salads, soups, and many more dishes.
These were some of the amazing health benefits of root vegetables. For best results, combine these tasty root vegetables with a variety of other nutrient-rich ingredients to help optimize your diet and health. Shop from Farmers Fresh Zone for safe to eat fruits and vegetable and experience freshness in each bite. Download our app https://farmersfz.app.link and get subscribed to our quality fruits and vegetables.