It is important to consume healthy foods during pregnancy. Your body needs more nutrients, vitamins, and minerals especially during this time. A diet rich in these components helps in proper fetal development and can also help in relieving body pain and feelings of low energy during pregnancy. Add the following superfoods listed below to your diet regularly for a healthy pregnancy.
1) Spinach: A wholesome vegetable which is beneficial during pregnancy, this leafy delicacy contains vital nutrients like calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, fibre, and folic acid. Spinach is very high in content and it is advisable to consume this food regularly during pregnancy. To add to it, extra iron also helps in the development of the baby’s red blood cell. Consuming green leafy vegetables results in reduced low birth weight.
2) Eggs: These are known for its low-calorie and high protein components boost your baby’s brain development and formation of healthy organs. Eggs are also an important source of omega 3-fatty acids. Consuming organic chicken eggs are beneficial during pregnancy and you can always prefer egg whites if you want to reduce fat consumption. They are also a great source of choline which is essential for brain and health development.
3) Broccoli: This wonder veggie contains many of the nutrients pregnant women needs. They are rich in fibre, calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, folate, and potassium. Moreover, Broccoli is rich in antioxidants and also benefits the immune system and digestion. Due to their high fibre content, Broccoli may also help in preventing constipation which is a very common problem among pregnant women.
4) Banana: Bananas are considered as pregnancy superfoods that have high levels of potassium and that helps in fighting pregnancy fatigue. You can either eat them plain or add them to cereals, yogurt or smoothies. Packed with essential nutrients and high in fiber banana is an important part of any healthy diet and should be kept in abundance when you are pregnant. Eating a banana daily in the morning prevents morning sickness too.
Also Read: Tips to Stay Healthy at Office
5) Sweet Potato: They are rich in beta-carotene which is an important source of Vitamin A for pregnant women. This wonder vegetable also contains fiber which may reduce blood sugar and improves digestive health and mobility. Consuming Vitamin A-rich food helps in fetal and brain development.
6) Coconut water: Consuming coconut water regularly is very beneficial for pregnant women. Known as nature’s wonder, coconut water is high in electrolytes. It also includes other vital properties like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium which help to sooth acidic stomach and keep your digestive system moving.
Apart from these superfoods listed above, you can also include these foods which will prove beneficial for you during pregnancy.
- Dairy products, like yogurt, are a great option to consume during pregnancy. They contain protein and calcium which are highly beneficial during pregnancy.
- Salmon contains fatty acids which are important for eye and brain development in a growing baby. It is also rich in Vitamin D.
- Dried fruits are high in nutrients.
- Foods like whole grains are loaded with vitamins and fibre.
- Consuming berries are also important as they are rich in water, fibre, and vitamins.
These are some of the most beneficial and healthy superfoods you should consume during pregnancy. This article is meant to convey general information. It is always important to consult your gynecologist before making changes to your diet to ensure you eat correct that would be beneficial for you and your growing baby.
You can also shop for pesticide-free fresh fruits and vegetables from Farmers Fresh Zone, your online and offline store for locally sourced products. To avail our subscription, do click on the link https://farmersfz.app.link to experience hassle-free shopping.